Looks, like all these are highly subsidized by PG&E, which means the local
energy dollar leaves northern California for NYSE.  Not to mention the
relative inefficiency of Wood to electric generation.  A wood to hot water
boiler for heating building space is much more efficient.

Heath

>From: murdoch

>[EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [biofuel]
>forest fires and using wood biomass as fuel Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:08:03
>-0800
>
>http://www.covantaenergy.com/energy/biomass.php4
>
>As I said a few months ago, I ran across this wood-biomass-to-electricity
>plant north of Sacramento this summer and was told by one local how clean
>it was, and how it allowed homeowners to have an option for clearing their
>land of some wood not-suitable-for-firewood-or-building. Later I learned
>that this was a few years old, but still, it seems relatively obscure.
>
>As Southern California and Denver and others now belatedly search for a
>better forest and fire policy, what I'd love to see is not so much any one
>measure as a "cure-all" but use of measures such as this in limited
>moderate ways, to help communities not only do a better job with fire
>prevention and mitigation, but also to generate power and make money.
>
>other links of interest that came up:
>
>http://www.calbiomass.org/county.htm
>
>(San Diego, San Bernadino, Orange, Los Angeles Counties not listed!
>Riverside has only one entry. These are the five disaster-area counties of
>the recent fires. If I'm not mistaken, San Bernadino is the single biggest
>county in the US or the lower 48. Much of it is desert, though certainly
>not all of it.)

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511