It's perhaps good thought to err on the side of repeating some of these things.

We've had some good discussion over the last few months here in this group and
elsewhere as to hybrids, EVs, diesels, and the pros and cons of combinations.
Over the years one of the roadblocks I've run into is that some from the EV camp
will absolutely not abide discussion of biofuels.

I'd *really* like to see a grid-chargeable diesel-electric hybrid, but what I'd
like and what I expect are two different things.  Since such a vehicle would
give the owner two separate ways to bypass using Oil-company products (by
plugging in to an electric current which the owner may take the trouble to
ensure is renewable generated, or by filling up with fuel which the owner may
take the trouble to ensure is renewably made), I assume that it will somehow be
fought and perhaps stalled, even though we will somehow not see the mechanism by
which pressure is brought to bear to stall this product from being brought to
market.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511