so what would be a good gas to bubble through the biodiesel.  Nitrogen
does not strike me as a good one to use around glycerine, and Hydrogen
would saturate any unsaturated biodiesel?
Fred

On Tuesday, Nov 25, 2003, at 14:07 US/Eastern, skillshare wrote:

> brass, biodiesel, and air bubbles is a terrible combination. Brass
> contains copper and zinc, both catalysts for oxidation (I think) of
> biodiesel. Air bubbling is one way to speed up breakdown of biodiesel
> as well, very quickly. go stainless.
> mark
>
> --- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, James Slayden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Ask Ken Provost about his better longer lasting bubbler.  I use it
> now and
>> it works great.  For some reason I was also using standard bubblers
>> that
>> would degrade quite rapidly with BD contact, then I transitioned to
> Ken's
>> design which is all brass.
>>

>> James Slayden
>>
>> On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Tan wrote:
>>
>>> Keith,
>>>
>>> It seems my bubble stones clog up with soap and sometimes with bd.
>>>
>>> A basketball pin (I think that's what it's called) is the thin
> metal tube
>>> you insert into a basketball or any other ball to inflate it.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking that to make a jet of air in water, a strong pump is
> needed.
>>> But perhaps you are right. I might be an over kill and I may end
> up with
>>> biodiesel icing. =)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Chris

"Formerly, when religion was strong and science weak, men mistook magic
for medicine; now, when science is strong and religion weak, men
mistake medicine for magic."
Thomas Szasz

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511