Hi Ken

>on 11/24/03 5:16 PM, Keith Addison at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> > We must oppose the militarization of the planet in all its forms,
> > and expose the interconnections between the hidden hand of the
> > market and the not-so-hidden fist.
>
> > To do that we need to support the grassroots resistance movements
> > which are already struggling against these injustices, and to
> > confront the oil and war corporations in our own backyards.
>

>Hey, that Aziz Choudry (Is that REALLY his name? The John Smith of
>India!!) is great.

I think it'sot an unusual Indian name, only he's a New Zealander.
"Aziz Choudry is based in Aotearoa (New Zealand) and is organiser for
GATT Watchdog, who were once dubbed grumpy geriatric communists who
tuck their shirts into their underpants by former New Zealand
politician-turned-WTO Director General Mike Moore." Good writer, IMO,
done some good reports.

If you liked that, you'd probably like this:
http://site.www.umb.edu/faculty/salzman_g/Strategy/Discussion/2002-09-
18Roy.html
Come September by Arundhati Roy

Comment: "...this profound speech, its depth and language, brought
tears to my eyes."

>Thanks again, Keith, for posting so many worth-
>while "non-biodiesel" links :-)

I'm glad you value them. It's not a biodiesel list though, it's a
biofuels list, which does makes a difference, somewhat - much broader
subject, with more of an essential context. I don't accept that posts
such as Choudry's piece ("What's this off-topic political crap got to
do with biodiesel?" - LOL!) are off-topic at all. Generally they
amplify issues already discussed here, but in any event they're most
relevant to biofuels issues. Anyone planning to make biodiesel who
doesn't realise they'd be flying in the face of powerful corporate
interests which will stand in the way of the spread of biodiesel use,
and especially of the spread of small-scale, decentralised fuel and
energy supply such as they'd be doing, would be very naive. We should
know what we're up against. Also there are list members in other
countries, quite a lot of them, active in biofuels issues, who can't
easily access this material, and some of them really appreciate it.
It doesn't do the archives any harm either.

>I'd just like to know about some of
>those grassroots resistance movements in my own backyard. I think
>they're all in PRISON already.....       -K

:-) Yeah, not a joke, I know. But I'm sure there are grassroots
resistance movements just over the back fence these days, if not in
your yard. They're all converging now, in the US and elsewhere -
labour and environmentalists, which must be a first, anti-corporate
media campaigners, anti-corporate globalization campaigners,
anti-war/occupation campaigners, women's groups, pensioners incensed
at being ripped off over Medicare, you name it. I was thinking quite
a long time ago, pre-9/11, that this in-your-face administration (?)
would radicalise a lot of people who'd have slumbered peacefully on
if the other guy'd won. Okay, so he did win, but you see what I mean
- that would have been business-as-usual, but the difference between
Occidental and Halliburton is only one of degree, if even that, and
this isn't business-as-usual. As the professor says:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/29732/
The Professor Takes the Gloves Off

Best

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511