Thanks, Todd, for going to the trouble of running that test.

Can I run my own tests like the one you described if I can figure out
how to make a condenser? Although I'm currently at the small batch
(two liter-sized) processing level, I would like to develop and
practice using a small condenser before I "graduate" to a larger
scale.

There is a lot of distilling information on the web that describes
how to build a condenser on large scale. If it's possible to scale
one down, are there any guidelines for sizing one that would be
appropriate at the five-gallon level?  (I was going to try the
flexible copper tubing used to install icemakers and the like.)

Thanks again!

Maud
No breadmaker, no Cuisinart, no icemaker either
St. Louis, Missouri