That's unnecessary. As a female in the US without a bidet, I can
assure you that not all of us flush after each use.

Even at the home of my sister who is married to an
anti-environmentalist, they only flush on solids. Liquids and
associated paper are accumulated until that time. I do the same at my
house. It's just a case of awareness and commitment. In the case of
my brother-in-law, it's cheapness (water is metered), but it has the
same result.

Anyone can adopt this practice, and those with indoor dogs can learn
to put the lid down.

Maud
St. Louis, Missouri

<snip> Caroline said:
>technical, but females, at least in the USA where bidets are not standard,
>typically use toilet paper, whether there is liquid or solid waste to be
>disposed of, this makes all bathroom events solid waste, requiring multiple
>flushing.  Perhaps a better way would be to raise the low flush
>requirement/design to 2 gallons or even better offer a grey water option
>(that used more water, thus flushed the first time) to homeowners. This

To visit your group on the web, go to: