Hi Todd

>Hey Keith,
>
>Aside from the unique size and application of Shinko's turbine, I wonder if
>anyone will notice the unusually low electricity consumption numbers for the
>average family of four in their target market - 290 kWh per month.
>
>Rather embarrassing here where our best average is around 350 kWh / month
>and the national average is over 1,000.
>
>http://www.jarn.co.jp/News/PDF/2003.7.(P3839).pdf
>
>Todd Swearingen

I didn't notice that. And we think the Japanese are profligate energy
wastrels. Ulp...

But that checks out with these figures:

USA: Per Capita Energy Consumption: 355.9 million Btu
Per Capita Carbon Emissions: 5.5 metric tons of carbon
Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 1.3

Japan: Per Capita Energy Consumption: 171.6 million Btu
Per Capita Carbon Emissions: 2.4 metric tons of carbon
Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 1.8

Germany: Per Capita Energy Consumption: 170.4 million Btu
Per Capita Carbon Emissions: 2.8 metric tons of carbon
Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 1.9

France: Per Capita Energy Consumption: 173.5 million Btu
Per Capita Carbon Emissions: 1.8 metric tons of carbon
Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 1.9

As opposed to:

India: Per Capita Energy Consumption: 12.3 million Btu
Per Capita Carbon Emissions: 0.25 metric tons of carbon
Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 142.9

Sudan: Per Capita Energy Consumption: 2.3 million Btu
Per Capita Carbon Emissions: 0.04 metric tons of carbon
Number of People per Motor Vehicle: 100

Nepal: Per Capita Energy Consumption: 2.3 million Btu
Per Capita Carbon Emissions: 0.04 metric tons of carbon
Number of People per Motor Vehicle: N/A

:-(

Thanks for the link.

Regards