Hakan,

Great work!  It looks quite comprehensive.  I have not
yet read this all the way through, just skimmed it,
but I do have one comment so far.

I am in the process of designing my house rebuild, and
so have spent a lot of time in the past year learning
about green building.

Although the article is about energy savings, I feel
that these should be done in as environmentally
friendly/safe a manner as possible.  For example, are
the low-e paint, or the aluminum flakes non-toxic?
Are they save to use and to dispose of?  If the low-e
paint is not low-VOC paints as well, should it be
used?

It is difficult to cover all bases of green building,
as it is such a vast and rapidly evolving field, but I
am wary of a focus on one aspect that ignores others.
As in anything, there are always trade-offs, but they
should at least be explicit.  If the use of one
material to reduce a specific environmental impact
precludes the use of another material to mitigate a
different impact, that is something the homeowner
should take into consideration, imo.

This is perhaps more a philosophical/holistic quibble
than a criticism of your effort, which I greatly
appreciate and admire.  But when thinking about
sustainability it is always good to keep in mind the
big picture.

sincerely,

thor skov

Message: 4