Thor-

I don't know if you know of it, but there is an organization called
BuildingGreen, Inc (www.BuildingGreen.com) that publishes a monthly,
"Environmental Building News"  Subscriptions are not cheap, especially if
you add in the cost of online access to their separate Product
Specifications guide that actually does much of the analysis that you are
suggesting. However, you get a great deal of information that makes it a bit
easier for us to make informed choices.

Apropos of a discussion from a month or so ago, the January issue of EBN was
devoted to analysis of modern lo-flo toilets.

-Curt

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511