<x-charset ISO-8859-1>>Global Warming

>I donç” intend to be a heretic and only want to
>mention that the Earthç“ climate follows a strange
>attractor and there are mathematical reasons, verified
>by experiment, why itç“ not possible to know what will
>happen to global temperature with the addition of CO2.
> The temp may go up, go down, or remain about the
>same.  Hereç“ a readable introduction to the subject
>from Harvard Science Review
>
>Chaos All Around
>
>http://hcs.harvard.edu/~hsr/pdfswinter2003/young29-32.pdf
>
>Best regards,
>
>Ken

Hello Ken

I'm sure you'll be able to find equally scientific views also duly
verified by experiment that claim just the opposite, and yet others
that claim something different to both. CO2 is not the only factor at
work, and I don't think anyone claims it is, or at least not anybody
to be taken half-seriously.

What it all boils down to (or perhaps up to) is a clash between two
incompatible approaches. One is the old way, soon to follow the
dinosaurs, that maintains that "There's no proof that..." so let's
get on with business-as-usual, while increasing the PR budget by 10%
to ensure that anything that might begin to look like proof gets
discredited, no matter how, chuck some more money at the Wise Use
think-tanks so spin can continue to accomplish for public opinion
what reason can't, and chuck a bit more at the FCC lobbyists to help
that along a bit too, and maybe appoint a new Risk Assessment manager
to make sure all risks are taken by others, though the causes may be
ours, and that none of it hits the bottom line, since that's all that
really counts.

The other way is the Precautionary Principle.

If there was ever a case for the Precautionary Principle and against
the Way of the Ostrich, climate-change has to be it.

Did you see this, by the way?

Global effort to plot climate change
http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?e89222694&e=6347
Nature

Distributed climate model aims for errors
10:28 12 September 03

Here's a previous message about a view that's still being taken
seriously, that rising O2 levels will lead to a sudden and
catastrophic new Ice Age - just the sort of thing the Pentagon seems
to be waxing anxious about:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/28233/

Ahh... what the hell - pollution, slavery, overpopulation, hunger and
poverty, war, death and disaster, all such cheerful stuff... Here's a
message from the future, we could use a bit of scathe and a giggle I
reckon.

I wrote this 1990 in a fit of impatience - I was running an
environmental publishing agency out of London and doing a job for a
big organics group that kept humming and hahing and making me miss
their deadlines. Now it seems strangely prophetic. If you think it's
completely mad, well, so do I, but then, so is this:

Deadly Fast-Food Superbug Kills One, Sickens Hundreds Of Teens
Teenagers are being hit by a fast-food salmonella superbug that has
already killed one victim and made 332 others ill. - The Times,
London, 9 September, 2000

Man dies from 'fast food bug'
Government experts are investigating an outbreak of a fast-food
superbug which has claimed one life and made hundreds ill. The
outbreak is being caused by a strain of salmonella that is resistant
to all commonly used antibiotics. Most of those affected have been
teenagers and young adults, which has led doctors to believe that it
may be caused by fast food. - BBC, London, 11 September, 2000
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_920000/920464.stm

Type 2 Diabetes Epidemic In Children Coming
An increasing number of American children are being diagnosed with
type 2 diabetes. The rise in type 2 diabetes cases in young people
has led experts to label the disease an emerging epidemic. Until
recently, the disorder was known as adult-onset diabetes because it
occurred mostly in men and women over age 50. - Reuters Health, New
York, 13 September, 2000

So.

Harrods to sell elixir-of-life

ORGANIC lemmingsmilk yoghurt is soon to be made available in London's
Knightsbridge. The preserve of the exceedingly wealthy, this rare and
exotic product has legendary health benefits bestowed by the unique
blend of micro-organisms in the yoghurt culture, which encourage a
perfect balance of the vital intestinal flora in humans.

The Hong Kong premier, Chairperson Strangelove Chang, whose genetic
fingerprints have now established as fact his claim to be the early
Qing Dynasty Emperor Ching Kuo-xiu (1652-), has revealed that his
extraordinary longevity is due to his thrice-daily dose of powdered
Huang Shan ginseng root with a lemming yoghurt milkshake mixed with
an ounce of ground panda-liver and a tot of rum.

This has been substantiated by reports that the mysterious Mutual
Cooperation Agreement between the People's Republics of Hong Kong and
Norway is in fact underpinned by a devious arrangement that transfers
enormous quantities of counterfeit designer denimwear made by Hong
Kong-owned factories in China to Norway, from where it finds its way
into bona fide Levi-Strauss and Wrangler warehouses in the West, to
be supplied as authentic jeans back to China's huge and wealthy
middle-class bureaucrat market.

Norway's middleman profits from this more than pay for the entire
production of lemmingsmilk yoghurt, which is flown to Hong Kong.

Despite extensive covert US operations against the private armies run
by the Evil Jeans Barons in the Norwegian fjords, the deal has been
so profitable that it has been cited as the main reason the Norwegian
economy survived the cataclysmic world economic collapse of 2007,
after the new Ice Age brought on by the Greenhouse Effect had seen
Western energy use soar to heights that used up the total world oil
reserves as well as the entire dendrothermal capacity of the tropical
rain forests in only 19 months.

But all that mattered to the arch gerontocrat in Hong Kong's
Forbidden Penthouse was that he had cornered the world market in the
fabled lemmingsmilk health drink.

Limited quantities of the elixir have been available to the very rich
and well-connected, as Chairperson Chang has preferred to market the
small amounts in excess to his own needs rather than share it with
Hong Kong's second-echelon gerontocrats.

However, two new developments have changed the lemmingsmilk situation
radically. One is that the Arbuthnot-Gromm fjord partridges which
milk the lemmings on the way down are being decimated by what is
believed to be a rogue variant of the deadly English sea-lion virus.

The virus was encouraged, it is thought, by the illegal processing in
an Oslo beavermince-and-rollmop-burger factory of Finnish reindeer
meat, still polluted by radioactive caesium from the Sizewell
disaster.

This factory was supplying the MacTucky international burger chain
after worldwide consumption of beavermince-and-rollmop-burgers soared
when it was discovered that they helped suppress both pimples and
Alzheimer's disease in teenagers, and the supply of beavers had run
low.

The Oslo factory secretly dumped radioactive reindeer offal in the
sea, where it was eaten by virus-carrying seals. The caesium caused
the virus to mutate; killer whales preying on the seals passed the
new virus into the sea, whence it passed to the Arctic medusa fish,
which is the winter staple of the fjord partridges, which soon
started dying.

The lemmings, in turn, died unmilked. Milk hunters raiding cliff-face
partridge nests last season found many nests deserted, and the
symbiotic pitcher-plants which grow beside them empty and dying.

Production is reported to have been a mere 29 per cent of the
previous season's yield.

The second development was a breakthrough announced by Britlem plc,
the commercial arm of the British Captive Lemming Association based
at Dover in Kent, where they hold grazing rights on the cliff-top
tundra.

Unbeknown to Chairperson Chang and his henchpersons, a dissident
fishing cormorant breeder, Comrade Suzetta L. Wong, who fled her
fishing commune in the Pearl River Delta two years ago, had been
cooperating with the Dover group to find a substitute for the
partridges.

This involved playing recordings of lemming squeaks to cormorant eggs
in incubators and subjecting the newly-hatched chicks to
lemming-nest-based virtual reality synthesisers to persuade them that
their mothers were lemmings.

A subtle twist was to build an Oedipus module into the synthesiser
program. Comrade Wong reported best results from young male
cormorants which exhibited some degree of imagination on the
Corbitz-Slee scale.

Poorest results were always from female birds, which tended to get
distracted by male lemmings.

The moment of truth for the cormorant initiative came in secret
trials at Dover last July, when members of the Captive Lemming
Association released 170 organically-raised lemmings at the frozen
clifftop while Comrade Wong, below, released 85 imaginative young
male cormorants. It worked - the birds had milked most of the
lemmings before they were halfway down.

As Association members loaded the squashed lemmings from the bottom
of the cliff onto a waiting MacTucky truck, Comrade Wong emptied the
Durex milk-sheaths attached to the rings round the cormorants' necks.

The result: 13 pints of full-cream organic lemmingsmilk.

Tests showed that the vital adrenaline level upon which the correct
fermentation depends (the whole reason that lemmings are only milked
on the way down) was as high or higher than the optimum levels
recorded in traditional fjord collections.

The Association's strategy is to mount a discreet publicity campaign
in the People's Republic of Knightsbridge and Kensington to sell the
20-odd gallons of lemmingsmilk yoghurt now being produced at Dover
each month.

Selling price will be 15 organ-bank credits per quarter-pint - only
slightly less than Chairperson Chang reportedly pays (albeit in
counterfeit denim).

The good Chairperson, who must be starting to feel his age as his
Norwegian lemmingsmilk runs out, will certainly hear of this.

The Association plans to use its growing control of the lemmingsmilk
yoghurt market as an ace in the next round of negotiations with Hong
Kong over the return to People's Britain of the leasehold territories
of Scotland and Tunbridge Wells.

Mr Grimble Thang, chief executive of the Organic Lemmingsmilk
Research Association, said: "We've put it to the British Foreign
Minister, Dr Hokusai Yamamoto, and he said he'll let us know. We
suggested that the British delegation at the talks might demand
Mayfair back too, as a premium - it's organic lemmingsmilk yoghurt,
after all."

Meanwhile MacTucky UK is in the midst of a growing storm following
findings that certain enzyme-like compounds occurring in lemming
brains can cause a human form of Lemming Spongiform Encephalitis
(LSE), or brainrot, which is reputedly even more debilitating than
the teenage strain of Alzheimer's disease the popular MacTucky
beavermince-and-rollmop-burgers are supposed to help prevent.

The controversy arose following investigations by this reporter into
why MacTucky UK had suppressed the results of a poll of teenagers in
Dover it had commissioned, which revealed that 87 per cent of
respondents, when asked why they preferred MacTucky
beavermince-and-rollmop-burgers, replied: "I can't remember." The
other 13 per cent didn't understand the question.

Ironically, the only known treatment for LSE is - lemmingsmilk
yoghurt. But the beaverburger kids can't afford it.

Britlem was unhelpful. "If the teenagers were organically raised they
wouldn't get either disease, nor pimples," said Grimble Thang, who
celebrated his 139th birthday last week by skating non-stop across
the English Channel and back.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511