<x-charset ISO-8859-1>The quick answer is no. Glycerin is a very viscous
liquid, and the
solidification point varies with the soap in it, the residual alcohol, and the
completeness of the reaction. It is sometimes solid at 65 degrees F.   What's
more, it
is dirty until it is at least partially refined. If there is no methanol
recovery, it will have a volatile component and a refractive component.
Glycerin
flash point is over 800 degrees, and a waste oil burner will burn the volatile
part, but not the refractive part, which will quickly gum up the works.

If glycerin is burned without enough air it may form a poisonous acroline
compound. If you look at the structure of a glycerin molecule you will see
three
carbon-oxygen double bonds, which are hard to break and take a lot of energy
input. Carbon-oxygen double bonds are effectively carbon monoxide, meaning that
the molecule is effectively partially burned already, and has a relatively
low heat value per pound.

A good glycerin burner handles a semi solid well, or preheats until it is a
liquid. It has a fire starter of some other fuel, hopefully biodiesel or WVO,
to get it up to temperature so the glycerin will burn. Then it has enough
insulation to maintain this temperature, or at least has minimal heat
withdrawal so
the fire is not extinguished. It also has adequate air for clean combustion.
 I had to build this system because no standard burner does these things
well. It is a masonry heater with a babington burner for a fire starter,
burning
WVO, and a secondary fuel feed for the glycerin. There are no visible
emissions, and I hope that indicates a clean burn.

Tom Leue

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511