>It does not take much scratching on the surface of todays US problems, to
>discover the root of them. The logic says that it is all about energy and
>it is remarkable that US do not have a comprehensive energy plan. How do
>you get that message to the American people and most of their
>representatives? Fix the US energy problems and the world will be a much
>safer place to live in. It is amazing that US spend so much on the military
>and so little on "ready for use" energy conservation and energy
>alternatives. I know that it is a little offensive to spell it out, BUT IT
>IS STUPID!!!

Not offensive, if put intelligently and not every moment.  Go ahead
and keep spelling it out.

Although I basically agree that Energy is very critical and important
(not the only issue, but a central one), I'm also sort of glad that
Senator Kerry was wise enough to diversify his issue-set.  When he
first started campaigning, since he is very strong on the Energy
issue, he used to talk about it too much, and was in danger of being a
one-dimensional candidate, a "one-trick-pony".  But he must have got
some very strong advice, or given himself some strong advice, and he
started doing a much better job of discussing a much wider range of
issues.