>That e-mail was a virus attack. Norton probably deleted the actual virus in
>the attachment but everybody on the list received the message. The message
>was worded to trick people into running the phony "anti-virus" software and
>then get infected.
>
>Lillie

Norton didn't delete it, the list did. The list is set not to accept
any attachments or coded messages (no html, ASCII- plain text only)
as an essential anti-virus measure. The list will accept and
distribute a counterfeit message using a list member's address, but
not the virus that comes with it. So the worst that can happen is a
bit of wasted bandwidth, but NO viruses are distributed this way.

Keith Addison