lovemydiesel2003 wrote:

>If I were to change my thinking about a variable speed drill type
>mixer and go to a pump, would an ordinary washing machine water pump
>do the job ?

Yes. Lucky you - that's another thing apart from immersion heaters
that doesn't happen in Japan: washing machines here don't have pumps
(nor heaters).

I know someone who's been using a washing machine pump for a few
years now, in a 35-litre processor, no problems unless you're into
really long processing times: it gets tired after a few hours. So I
guess get the strongest one you can, try to check that the duty cycle
or whatever will be adequate.

Best

Keith