Hello Tad,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tad Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Re: Corporate ethics

> >Well Tad, I've no wish to be antagonistic, but then you've been
> >antagonistic, haven't you?
>
> I was posting a humorous view of your posting. I was quite surprised that
> list of
> this subject (biodiesel) would contain anything political, nor why there
> would be
> any reason for it to contain political propaganda. And no, I don't think
> The "Guardian"
> gives both sides of the story, only one, factual or not.

Please enumerate instances you found The Guardian wanting in factuality

> The fact that Daschle said anything about the war or support of Bush only
shows
> one side since he has also fervently opposed the "Bush campaign" on most
of
> it's views or agenda's. The general consensus is that as Americans, most
of us
> believe that sitting back and doing nothing in terms of retaliation after
> having our
> international trade centers destroyed and 4000 people killed would be
> ridiculous.

Coming from an American, this is rich. The Taliban are a direct offshoot of
the cynical
and self serving American Afghan policy thru the Eighties, which created a
fighting force
of Mujahideen as a bulwark against Russian communism, On the USSR's demise,
the now
unemployed Mujahideen were exploited by Pakistan, smarting under the
dismemberment of their country,
to foment trouble in Punjab and Kashmir. Remember, Osama was then a foreign
Mujahideen recruit working for American interests. Terror against other
countries at that time did not seem to matter.

> I'm sure you would feel the same if the center of London was bombed and
> thousands
> of people killed simply because of some religious fanatical organizations
> twisted
> views. Do we simply sit back and watch this happen every few years and not
do
> anything about it? Is it somehow our fault that we were attacked on 9-11?

Most of the attackers were from Saudi Arabia, America's staunchest Arab
ally.
Makes you wonder what went wrong.
Is it
> ok for terrorists to attack and kill not only Americans but also many
other
> nationalities simply for their own twisted religious views by the
thousands?

> I'm not sure what the answers are to these questions, but I'm not sure
sitting
> back and doing nothing is responsible either. I don't agree nor disagree
> with the
> war in Iraq. Humans have been ignorantly killing each other for our entire
> history
> and I'm not the one who will stop the madness. Nor will whining about it
stop
> it either. I don't intend on voting for Bush, nor Kerry. They are
> neither of my choices and I don't agree with either one of them.

> If you remember factual data about world war II is that we were totally
neutral
> until YOU and France became under attack and asked for our assistance,
> of which we gave without asking for anything in return. We are allies and
have
> been since after our declaration of independence from you.

We are allies as
> well with most of the rest of the world.

Just so long as your strategic interests are safeguarded by them. You were
earlier  allies with Osama
and his cohorts and now you are trying to run him to the ground.

When there is a disaster in any
> country,
> including countries who "hate" us, we still send our red cross and
disaster
> relief immediately. We send our best trained doctors all over the world to
help
> children and others in need and never ask for anything in return, not even
> a "thank you". We have more humanitarian organizations than most any other
> country in the world. We also share massive amounts of technology for
growing
> food, resources and technologies that help clean the air with many other
> countries.

The Saudis and the Kuwaitis are still paying foe the Bush Sr's war on Iraq.

> Do we make mistakes and have corporate officers who do stupid things or
act
> out of greed? Of course, what country does not? Do we have people who lie
> to cover up their mistakes and or indiscretions? Certainly, just like
every
> other
> country in the world. Is it right? Absolutely not, and if you see our
court
> sessions
> pressing charges against most of these people then you would realize our
whole
> country is not infiltrated with these types of people, but rather just
like
> everyone
> else, we have them.
>
> If it were my world everyone would stop building homes with wood and find
> an alternative
> like concrete or some other material. The forests would not be harvested.
> If it were my world
> we would simply tell everyone else to keep peace with us and we would keep
> peace with them.
> If it were my world we would not be burning any form of liquid fuel,
> especially fossil fuels.
> If it were my world we would not have nuclear arsenals. If it were my
world
> we would
> work together as one planet helping each other clean up the mess we are
> making and
> help each other grow more food and help more people....together. If it
were
> my world
> everyone would realize that wether they like it or not, we are all
brothers
> and sisters,
> period, and we need to treat each other as such. If it were my world there
> would be
> no divorce, no orphans, no rape, murder, genocide. There would be no need
> to grasp
> for the "old mighty dollar". We would all be working on these things and
> working as
> a team to colonize other planets and not make the same mistakes we have
> made with
> this one.
>
> I will not respond to any more political posts simply because I now
clearly
> see it aggravates you, even though I find them humorous. It is not my
intent
> to anger anyone here, even though at the time it looked as though you were
> directly asking for opinions on your political post.
> Thus, I am going to leave with a smile of gratitude towards you knowing
that I
> cannot comprehend why political discussions need to take place here and
will
> simply look forward to questions and answers about this solution to some
of
> these problems, the one we call "Biodiesel".

> [...]

All nice to listen to except the bit on concrete but is it realistic ?

Balaji