Keith and MM,

My point was that it might not matter any longer who is elected,
"the sh-t is about to hit the fan". The World, not necessary the
World population, is telling the Americans that their pillage and
excesses are at the end. I tried to give a very short excerpt of
reasons for this conclusion and by that invited an unnecessary
discussion about details. It is not OPEC who has to carry the
traditional US search for Scapegoats, it is much simpler than that.
It is a lack of resources for the future!!!!!!!

It becomes more and more obvious that we are at the top of
world oil production, maybe with a couple of percent margin.
Added to this is the rise of internal demands in former USSR
and China. The latter is already out and competing for contracts
from the traditional suppliers to US and developed countries.

In this scenario, it is no space for US growth in use of oil. What is
left is to realize that an orderly decline is the best option. SUVs
should have been banned years ago, among other needed actions.
It is a lot of luxury energy use that can and will be cut. The impact
of this is more a reduction of industrial production, than survival
of mankind. This will have very painful economical and social
upheavals for US and might already be a part of the lack of growth
in US employment. It is several direct relationships.

The key is an orderly retreat and adoption to high energy costs,
with a major supply from renewable sources. This will also give
new employment opportunities and a growth in the agriculture
sector, who for years have not been given the importance it
deserves. This process is inevitable and the question is how
painful it will be and since the deadline is set, how can it be
organized in the best way? This is why four more Bush years
leads to consequences for the US population, that I would not
like to see. I agree that it is tempting to make the Americans
suffer for their ignorance and choice, but I do not want them to
suffer and Bush & Co will not personally  suffer for what they are
doing. They will retire with wealth enough, to avoid to share the
hardship of the people and the historical record for Bush, will not
be worse than it already is.

Energy conservation and efficiency is the key in the future.

Hakan