Thanks Tod i will try some fuel companys for the methanol the koh was easy b&q
sell it as drain unblocker.
25ltr was just the amount i would like to handle first time round dont realy
have the space for  a 55gal drum i will probably do a test batch of more like a
liter to start with.
Cheers Myke

Michael,

Nothing you'll work with is an extreme chemical and there should be no
problem acquiring the components. MeOH is a fuel. Bulk fuel distributors
should easily be able to get you 20 liter pails or more.

KOH can be procured in kg lots from soap making suppliers. NaOH should be
available in nearly any hardware store.

As for your test batch size? Are you saying that 25 liters is the size of
your first test or that this is the first 25 liter batch you're running?

If you're stating the former, you would serve yourself well in dropping the
volume down to 4% of that. Mistakes are no fun when they occur, especially
at such a volume on the first go you have at it.

Todd Swearingen