I'd be intrested in anything that turns up around the Chi Town/tri state
area.Please contact me off list.
                                                Paul

girl_mark_fire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've gotten quite a flurry of off-list interest from people in other
areas of the country who want to host a workshop due to my biodiesel
class 'tour' rumors. Here's some of my other plans:

-Im going to Albuquerque and Tucson in May to tie up some loose ends
from my past, and would love to stop and teach a workshop or two
elsewhere in the Southwest, like Flagstaff or Phoenix or Silver City
or Southern Colorado perhaps (won't go further than Albuquerque though
this time around...)

-I'm flying (ie no equipment, and therefore no classes) to the NBB
meeting in Washington DC on July 12  and 13th, and a few of us are
talking about having a small-scale commercial producers'
dinner/get-together on one of the evenings during that meeting. I'll
post details if this happens, and they will be discussed at www.
groups.yahoo.com/group/local-b100-biz

-Then I'm co-teaching at SEI (the incredible solar technology
education center in Colorado, www.solarenergy.org I believe) with
Martin of Boulder Biodiesel Coop in late July. This should be a great
class- a five-day (?)biodiesel camp- and I'd also like to find a
student who is going there who would like to build equipment as part
of the class.

Then I'm leaving from there and coming to the Midwest to do a tour in
August (the options so far for me are madison, chicago, st louis,
milwaukee possibly), and then I'd like to end up in North Carolina
(asheville, boone? and Triangle area) for a few weeks (early
september?) and therefore could swing up to Virginia someplace if
there was interest for a class up there.

The same deal applies as the Tucson class announcement: I can do a
regular day-long (or longer minicourse) class in basics of biodiesel
homebrewing, and if people think there is interest, I can do an
equipment building class.

I'm missing out on a job to do this in August (and my old truck is
wearing out!), so I'd need to charge something for these classes,
which is usually $20-$50 per student per day for the ones I do in
California. (I run the pre-registration/advertising, and bring
everything needed for the class, and I have to put in quite a few full
days of prep for the equipment class especially).

I can also (to afford this tour) simply build reactors for individuals
who don't want to coordinate a class but are are 'along the route'.
I've done a few of these already and I charge $200 labor, on top of
your equipment costs. I think I'm bringing a small MIG welder with me
on the August tour so some custom tank work is possible. I'll probably
be traveling with another biodieseler or two but it won't be like
inviting the whole Rainbow Family to your farm or anything scary.

More on the Midwest stuff later as I make more firm plans.

thank you everybody for the interest in this!
mark