I'd suggest you get a turbodiesel if you are getting a 300D.
And also, try to find one that has not been "redone" in any way. There
are plenty of very nice rust free Florida, California, and BC rust free
examples, it is worth the trip to get a good one.

If you cannot afford the turbodiesel, the older 300D non-turbo is still
a great choice, and better than the newer 190D by far, but again be
sure to get one that's got a good history (one or two owners, no body
work, no "redone interior" etc....if its been cared for at all, and is
not from the rust belt, it does not need to be redone. They were built
to last.

Edward Beggs