>Are these people selling biodiesel legitimately, meaning, collecting
>the proper taxes?  Or is it under the table?  Is their fuel being
>tested to ASTM standards?  My point is that if anybody can produce
>good quality biodiesel, what's stopping every other person from
>making it and selling it?  It's one thing to make it for your own
>personal use, but I thought the big oil companies and EPA wouldn't
>allow the sale of biodiesel from WVO unless it has been tested to
>ASTM standards, which can be very expensive. Tom Leue from Yellow
>Biodiesel had some issues with the EPA, which I'll let him comment on
>if he wants to because it's not my place to talk about someone else's
>operation. Tom, I hope you read this and can comment.  Jonathan.

Hello Jonathan

It's more complicated than that. Not just biodiesel from WVO, for one
thing. And there's an essential history to it, a tale of shifting
goalposts. Some reading to do, if you want to get a handle on it. I
guess these are in a sort of logical order.

http://archive.nnytech.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/27488/
NBB and small producers

http://archive.nnytech.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/30371/
RE: Commercial production

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/30389/
Re: bad news about EPA registration

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuels-biz/4121/
EPA "guidelines"

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/30451/
I called the EPA today- Jim Caldwell's explanation

Under the subject heading it says "Click here for more on this
subject", if you do that you get the same message but with a table at
the top of all the other messages in that thread, so you can get it
all that way.

Enjoy... so to speak.

Best

Keith