Here's a brain storm for you:

I work in GIS, for those of you who aren't yet familiar with that, it stands
for Geographic Information Systems.  Essentially I make maps and use things
like aerial photography and GPS to do so.  Hanging out at my local map store
on a Friday evening (what a dork) I got to talking with another mapper about
his VW TDI and biodiesel.  He wasn't too clear on what biodiesel was (he
thought it was just filtered SVO) so I started explaining how SVO required
two tanks and a switch.  I told him how the driver had to start on
dino/biodiesel, switch to SVO, and then remember to switch it back before
turning the motor off.  We both agreed that this was too much to remember
for the driving masses, and bingo!  It hit me.  Why not hook the switch to
an in-vehicle navigation system?

Believe it or not, this would not be difficult to do.  The driver gets in
the vehicle, sets a route, and the car knows when it's a quarter mile away
from it's destination and switches back to dino/biodiesel automatically.
What do you think?

Cheers,

Ryan

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511