Sounds sort of cool....on the other hand, we did finally just add a
buzzer (well, VW circuit is mapped out, still have to do some of the
others) so that it buzzes if you shut the key off, but forgot to purge
the SVO before parking overnight.

  It's really not that big a deal, this. It's like remembering to shut
off your headlights, or remembering to lock the house door, etc.....
once you get in the habit, you just sort of do it automatically when
you get close to home (purge). You will rarely forget to turn it onto
SVO...there's an incentive plan, you see.

But, sometimes we all can forget to do the purge thing once in a while,
so the buzzer will eliminate that problem at least to the extent you
don't come out to the car that was left on SVO in the morning, and it
won't start and you need to plug it in (block heater) for 15 minutes,
or pour some hot water over the injection pump (both of which will get
them going, BTW)

And, SVO/WVO is not really for the masses yet anyway..if the masses all
start using SVO, we'll need to get that algae oil happening real quick,
break out the Smart cars, and build our neighborhoods, go to work, and
do our shopping  radically differently

...none of which I'd object to of course, but we might have to actually
*change the way we live* if a lot of people decided to go this
way....horrors!!

;-)

Edward Beggs
http://www.biofuels.ca