The 1.6 NA (non-turbo) and the (rare in the US) 1.6 turbo and the even
more rare 1.9 are all great on WVO. The Tdi's require good fuel
heating, and two-tank is safer with them, while the 1.6 and 1.9 non
Tdi's can more safely get away with singlertank - if the winter temps
never fall much below freezing.

And I wouldn't run soy, walnut or corn in a Tdi without using sythetic
engine oil - or vegetable based engine oil, and I'd change either at
3000 miles unless you did a lot of highway driving - unless you paid
for oil analysis for the first 10K miles or so - to make sure you
weren't getting polymerizartion of the engine oil

Craig

On May 1, 2004, at 12:23 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  Hi list members,
>
>  Ê Does anyone here know which VW diesel engines work best, or are the
> least
>  troublesome with WVO?
>
>  Can someone guide me to a list of VW's that would show me the best
> years to
>  look for and why?
>
>  I found a list of "Diesels in the US" on the JTF website that listed
> non-Tdi
>  turbo VWs, but it didn't list which years to look for.
>
>  I'm interested in knowing more about which VW injector pumps are best
> suited
>  for WVO, and what years and models they where installed on.
>
>  I've found two VW listed for sale locally, one is a1987 Golf, and the
> other
>  is a 1989 Jetta. What are the pros and cons of these two cars? Any
>  recommendations would be appreciated.
>
>  Thank You,
>
>  John in Ohio
>

>  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

>  Biofuels list archives:
> http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/
>
>  Please do NOT send Unsubscribe messages to the list address.
>  To unsubscribe, send an email to:
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>  <lrec.gif>
>
> <l.gif>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>       ð       To visit your group on the web, go to:
>       ð        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>       ð        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.

Craig Reece
Neoteric Biofuels
http://www.biofuels.ca