-

 Hi,
 Ecogenics has been distilling fuel and pharmaceutical grade ethanol
for thirty years now here in Sevierville Tennessee and is now
producing  Biodiesel. At one point we were importing brazilian
general motors  cars that could run on as low as 180 proof... we have
modified vartious cars over the years, my favourite was my 1974
MK4lincoln continental which i ran on ethanol made from apple and
even carrots, jerusalem artichokes and various fruits and grains I
also ran my ford F150 on alcohol and used to drive it often to
National gasohol commission meetings during the heyday of gasohol
when I was chairman of the Tennessee Gasohol  Commission.. from 1972
till 1989. unfortunatly the big agro industrialists like ae staley
dominate the ethanol market and the farmers who started  it all
couldnt  compete... lets hope that the biggies dont take over the
biodiesel industry as they did ethanol..see our ethanol- biodiesel
plant on our website.. go to Ecogenics on google or go to the
original website www dabney.com/ecogenics/
 Marc

In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, robert luis rabello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> j_schearer2000 wrote:
>
> > I have a question for anyone who is distilling and using their own
> > alcohol in a fuel injected vehicle.
>
>     How many people do you think are actually doing this?  I
haven't
> heard of one, but when I do, I'd sure like to have a LONG talk!
>
> >   If the vehicle is running
> > straight alcohol, can you switch back over to gasoline if you
needed
> > to?
>
>     This would depend on how the system is set up.  The E 85
vehicles
> use some kind of fuel density sensor to change the computer
algorithms
> for fuel / air ratio and spark advance.  Computers make the job of
> switching from one fuel to another less hardware intensive, but the
> software has to work, and aside from the Bowling / Grippo system
(or the
> factory E 85 systems that already exist), I've never seen anyone
take on
> this problem for fuel injected ethanol / gasoline vehicles.  It
might be
> difficult to do with a single set of fuel injectors, unless they
were
> more robust at the outset.
>
>     In addition, if I was building an engine whose primary fuel was
> ethanol, I would raise static compression ratio and take care to
install
> a cam that would increase compression pressure.  (The last engine I
> built used this technique for propane, and it ran very well!)  If
dual
> fuel was necessary for trips, compromises in overall compression
> pressure would be essential to avoid detonation.  At the very
least,
> high quality premium fuel is a must.  (I run Chevron's 94 octane
premium
> in my supercharged Ranger, and I've been paying over $1 per liter
for
> several weeks now. . .)
>
>     Alternatively, you could leave your stock fuel injection system
> alone and devise a system (possibly using a vegetherm device?) to
> vaporize the ethanol and inject it using propane components.
Electronic