Hello Bruce

>Keith-
>    Thanks for your comments and the very helpful links.

You're welcome.

>I would very much like to carry on this discussion on the
>agricultural aspects of oil production after I have had a chance to
>study the links and other information in more detail.

Whenever. Always a welcome discussion that doesn't get enough
attention, IMO. People are happy enough to pin on the word
"sustainable" every time they say "biofuels", and yet there's this
lack of focus on how you grow the stuff. "Sustainable" biofuels
cannot be a product of an unsustainable agriculture system, which is
what we have now, in the main, and that's not for want of thoroughly
viable, proven and practised alternatives that are truly sustainable.

Best

Keith

>    Bruce Colley, Sustainable Energy Project  www.sustainableenergyproject.org

<snip>