Hello everyone.  I'm new to exploring biofuels so I'm sure I'll be asking a lot
of questions and reading a lot of information posted on here.  I thought I'd
say hello and try to find out if there's anyone near me that makes biodiesel.
I live in Kansas City, Missouri, USA.

I've read a lot of the Journey to Forever site, and I'm getting ready to make
some test batches to see what's involved in the whole process of making my own
diesel.  I do feel a little overwhelmed at the moment, so I'm going to start
small.  I'm sure that won't last long though.

I would like to start off asking to very basic questions.  How can I find a
supply of methanol and lye?  I've seen lye at the hardware store as a drain
cleaner, but I'm sure there's a better source.  I couldn't find any methanol
though.

I know my way around basic tools and electricity though so I feel up to
building a processor when it comes time to do it.  I just need to get my head
around the process first so I understand more of the why it works as well as
how.

Thanks,

Ryan