Kevin,

Thanks for the help.  I suspect that overly vigorous agitation is a
big part of the problem.  The top layer of what I have does seem to
be very slowly clearing, as you predict.

Rereading the process on the JTF site, I also notice that they say
that if you get less than 100 cc glycerol, you probably have an
incomplete reaction.  I don't think that I had any more than 60 or
70 cc, which tells me that this was probably another part of the
problem.  I'm planning to do another test batch this coming weekend,
and will just process longer no matter what I think of the color or
clarity of what I have after 15 minutes.  Since I am brand new to
this, I have obviously never seen what the mix is supposed to look
like after processing.  I am trying to make an educated guess based
on a description, and obviously guessed wrong.

Thanks again for the reply.  The only way that I'll figure this out
is with the help of those who have gone before.

Brian