> I don't feel that Rush Limbaugh is mainstream.  I do feel that he is
> a good example of "mainstream media."  Al Franken is making attempts
> to bring media back toward the center, but that doesn't seem to be
> going all that well.
>
> Brian

 Al Franken Kicks Limbaugh's Cyst-Filled Butt in Early Ratings
 Jillian Jonas writes, "While the radio industry -- and right-wing critics
 in particular -- have written extensively about the imminent collapse
 of AAR* and its untried business plan, they may be in for a surprise.
 AAR's Arbitrend estimated ratings for April in the New York area have
 been very encouraging. 'We have proof of concept!' enthused Sinton
 in an interview with United Press International. For the 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
 time slot, among the coveted demographic of 25- to 54-year-olds,
 AAR received a 3.4 radio share, beating WABC's conservative
 talk-radio programming that includes Rush Limbaugh. WABC received a
 3.1 share. Even younger listeners are tuning in: Among 18- to
 34-year-olds, AAR received a 2.9 share, compared with WABC's 0.4
 share during the afternoons... For Sinton, the numbers show 'the
 momentum is good. The ratings indicate we can look forward to good
 things. And the proof of concept helps to bring in money in venture
 capital ... and in selling ads. Hallelujah!' "
 http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20040528-025605-4040r

 *Air America Radio (AAR) http://www.airamericaradio.com
 TBTM radio http://www.takebackthemedia.com/radio.shtml