I am fairly new to this too, but have you checked for water in the
oil? Time and again it is mentioned that if there is water in th oil
the reaction with the lye won't be complete or adequate so maybe
that could be it. Raise the temp of the oil to about 160F in a
saucepan and see if it starts to crackle; if it does there is water
in it and it needs to be removed. The quickest way that I know is to
raise the tem still furher to around 213F and boil it off stirring
ocasionally so that you don't get a water bubble splash out on you.

You are sure about your scale's measurements right? Before I got my
electronic one, instead of giving me the 1.7gr that it indicated it
was giving me 15.0gr! and the mix went to balistic gelatin the
second I got it out of the blender.

Luc

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I just did another test batch and there is something wrong.  I am
doing
> small test batches trying to make sure my measurements are
correct.   I have done
> 5 small batches and have had the same results with all.  I  don't
understand
> what is wrong as I have made about 50 gallons of fuel that came
out great.  I
> am useing the same oil that I have been using all  along.
> I started out with 1/2 liter of oil and 100 ml of meth and 3-1/2
grams of
> lye.  My oil is the color of like coffee before I add the meth
and  lye.  I am
> mixing the meth and lye very good so I am sure that is  okay.  As
soon as I add
> the meth and lye to my oil it turns the oil to a  creamy carmel
color.  Kinda
> looks like you poured milk into your coffee and  mixed it up.
After it is