Can anyone spot flaws in my theory?

Greg H.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Greg Harbican
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2004 10:14
  Subject: [biofuel] Making Methanol from Glycerin ( was Re: Biodiesel
Glycerin-to-Methanol Condensor plans )

  You know, I wasn't fully awake and definitely was not tracking correctly when
I first read the subject line, but, I think that it was probably a good thing.

  What I read was Biodiesel Glycerin-to-Methanol ( totally missed the condenser
part ), and was thinking that here was a idea that allowed people to use the
glycerin by-product to make methanol.  When I read the message, I realized that
I had made a mistake, but, thinking about that mistake, I thought that it might
just be possible.

  Now I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but, does not water
and glycerin mix well?

  Then if that is the case, the solution would be a water / hydrogen & carbon
solution, similar to that of sugar water, which according to Walt Patrick
mentioned can be used to produce Syn Gas, then converted to methanol.

  Please, let me know your thoughts about this possibility.

  Greg H.