Not really familiar with surge protectors, but it may depend on the
individual model. The easiest way to find out is to turn the protector
off and see if you still have volts coming out the other end. However,
I would have thought that it would turn the power off, as turning off
the protection without turning off the device makes little sense. But
then again, making little sense is not an obstacle to making a lot of
money selling a product that _seems_ to do something useful!

Donald

--- Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > This is getting off the original
topic, but you triggered a thought

=====