Hello Josephine, welcome

When you joined you were sent a "Welcome" message listing a whole
bunch of useful resources which will tell you everything you need to
know and more. If you've lost it, you can find the same resources
listed here:

Or just go to the links at the end of every message you receive - to
Journey to Forever and the list's archives.

>please pardon my ignorance.  I am a new member.  What is WVO

"Waste Vegetable Oil". It's not a very good name because it usually
contains residues of animal fats, fish oils etc from what's been
cooked in it, but the name has stuck, everybody uses it now. Opposite
is "SVO" - Straight Vegetable Oil, uncooked, new, "virgin". In Europe
SVO is usually called PPO - Pure Plant Oil. "Crude" oils are as they
come from the plant, unrefined, such as Crude Palm Oil - CPO. I don't
like acronyms, but these are in common usage now.

>and who is NBB?

The National Biodiesel Board in the US, which was formed by soy
interests and largely controlled by the big corporations involved in
industrialised soy production. I suppose you can regard the NBB as
the trade association of the big, centralised commercial biodiesel
producers in the US. They're not very popular with small-scale
producers and home-scale producers, for good reason. There's a good
database of biodiesel information at their website though.

>What is feedstock?

The raw material you use in any production process. In producing
biodiesel, the feedstock is the type of oil used, whether WVO or SVO,
from soy, sunflower, rapeseed, or whatever.

>Thanks for the enlightenment.

You're welcome, hope it helps.

Best wishes

Keith