I have my wash tank hooked up to a drill-pump and will be giving
that a go as soon as I can get my PH meter thing straightened out,
and with the generous help of the list members that should be done
shortly.
I used the Sean Park's Standpipe design
http://www.veggieavenger.com/avengerboard/viewtopic.php?t=333) and
hooked up the water evacuating valve to a drill-pump with the return
spliced so as to be able to get rid of the wash water after washing
by simply disconnecting the hose and sending it into a bucket with
which I am "feeding" the poison Ivy that is growing nearby.
(apparently lye and methanol with kill the stuff).
I will let you know how it works soon, (I hope)

L.

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Shea" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Todd,
> I had a chance to try your "fast " wash method today (35 gal white
poly
> drum) with a simple 55 gal drum mixer and wanted to thank you for
the time
> you just gave back to me!
>
> Success!
>
> At least for me, this procedure is much better & faster to wash
Biodiesel
> this way, compared to the bubble-wash method.  Just 5 minutes
of "appearing
> homogenous": and allowing the 1 hour settling,...removed a heavy
layer of
> settled soap murky water (looked like melted marshmallows).
Drained-off &