Well, that didn't take very long!

An outraged "response" from Terry No-name, responding to nothing,
obfuscating everything, followed by his unsubscription - followed by
his banning, so he won't be back. Parthian post in the garbage where
it belongs, with the previous one, good riddance.

I'm sorry to post this stuff, but I don't have any choice - standing
back and letting the disinformation fly unchecked and the smokescreen
build up as intended is not an option. If you want to blame someone
for all this tedious junk blame the perpetrators, not the debunkers
of it.

Anyway, very predictably, Terry has now taken his gripes to the
Biodiesel list, where Mark cross-posted all this stuff, among other
places, to stir up some highly questionable support, then, that done,
claiming that it was to embarrass me into not censoring her, LOL! But
I've dealt with that already:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/37931/

Deliberate misquotes of off-topic correspondence and so on. Nice
little hate-war she's built up there.

Anyway, this is what Terry No-name says there:

>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:19:58 -0000
>Subject: [Biodiesel] False accusations from Biogod on Biofuel
>
>Sorry folks.  I had no intentions of bringing this here any further.
>But I have been
>falsely accused on Biofuel, and it is quite obvious that Keith will
>reject a post and then
>make false accusations regarding it.

Followed by his messages, both of them. "Biogod", of course, is the
sneering name Tillyfromparadise uses for me (he has another one for
Todd, and yet another one for Steve Spence).

You can go and have a look at it all, if you like, it's here:

Falsely accused? Check it out - he's posted both messages there that
quite rightly got canned here. (Censorship! Arghhh!) Even-handed, no
obfuscation, indeed... I get slammed for "calling people names",
twice, but in both his messages he's done that to me with impunity,
and that's about the size of it.

He denies what I'd said, that he'd twisted Gustl's message to accuse
me and Journey to Forever of unethical behaviour that jeopardises the
biofuels community, of holding an author's work "hostage", and of
stirring up counter-productive "in-fighting".

He says: "I did not accuse anyone of any of the three.  Does the shoe
fit, Keith??"

But there it all is in his own message that he quotes right at the
top, in which he says:

- "Apparent motives are irrelavent, and taking another's work hostage
is unethical."

- "It would definitely penalize the biofuel community for the
appleseed processor data to be pulled from JTF." (Which I've said I
will do, for quality-control reasons, regardless of whatever Mark may
choose to demand as she's in no position to demand anything - but she
doesn't get criticised for demanding it be pulled, she gets defended
instead.)

- "In-fighting is most definitely counter-productive and a sad
testimony for our community."

And then he denies saying it.

It's all like that. I wouldn't bother with it if I were you. It's all
so transparent, this stuff - we're expected not to notice or
something? I'd like to think that most of us here are a little
brighter than that, even if Terry No-name isn't. Anyway, I'd say this
is a clear response to the message he refused to respond to, an
answer to the questions there that he evaded:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/37929/

Now we know, not that there was ever any doubt about it.

"And BTW, I have never signed my posts "Terry No-name".  Your use of
that name is just another way in which you show disrespect and engage
in derogatories."

But "No-name" is only a translation of his email, "nonym" - it's the
name he gives himself. But his using Tillman's sneering name for me?
"yup, sure did. But only cuz it seems appropriate."

It's all like that. Hogswill, we don't need it, we don't need him either.

By the way, I do not know of any version of Netiquette that requires
unvarying and automatic respect, even for hogswill. None of them bans
flames either, though they call for caution - just as ordinary social
conventions don't ban straight talking, but they always censure
dissembly, obfuscation and deceit. Respect? Sure, if you merit it.

Anyway, so what.

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
KYOTO Pref., Japan