--- dermot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks everybody for the replies.
> I mixed the methoxide with the wvo by gradually
> letting the pump suck it from a carboy as the wvo
> was being pumped through the processor.
> I'm fairly happy that there was good mixing because
> of the tests I did after I made the biodiesel.
> Remember that I reprocessed the biodiesel a second
> time and got no glycerine fall out indicating that
> all the product had reacted.
> I also did the share test and got a clear
> separation.
>
> I'm fairly sure at this stage that my problem is
> that too vigorous pumping produces mayonnaise even
> if the biodiesel has reacted fully.
>
> I am going to try another 50 litre batch and I will
> use a motorised stirrer this time.
> Has anybody got any idea about the diameter of
> impellor I should use and what rpm to use?
> I'm going to use a 200 litre plastic barrel to do
> the washing.
>
> Thanks everybody again for the help/suggestions.
>
> Dermot
>Hello Dermot, I think that using an agitator that
turnes at 30 to 60 r.p.m. should work nicely. I am
building a processor with a wash tank with over 400
u.s. gallon capacity and am using a bulk tank
adgitator  I purchased used from a dairy farm
supplier.My adgit ator is aprox. 14 inches wide and 14
inches high.If your system is smaller just down size
some.With an adgitator you can let it run as long as
it takes to mix the biodiesel and water wash. I will
be setting mine up with a timer so it will shut itself
off when it's   done. Good Luck||

=== message truncated ===

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/FGYolB/TM