Jay,

> I've been wondering...  has anyone tried an old box fan motor with a
> paint stirrer on the end instead of a drill?  I thought the torque
> handling capabilities of the drill might be overkill, and something
> with lower torque strength might get the job done.

As long as you don't over amp ("smoke") the motor by attaching too large of
a prop/impeller/stirring-device to it. Such motors are notoriously low in
hp, anywhere from 1/8 to 1/2. Not much there to compensate for viscous
fluids. Remember, "box fan motors" are matched with appliances that stir
air.

Might want to make sure that the r's are in the 1,200 - 1,800 range, or at
least no higher.

Todd Swearingen