Hello Martin,

----- Original Message -----
From: "martin williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Business Plan

> Hi!
>
> My name is Juan Carlos from Tenerife and I recently tried to obtain a
grant
> to produce the ethanol in Tenerife and the entire Canary Islands: The
answer
> - no surprise to me (with a degree in chemistry!) "At this present time we
> are not interested." I provided a full business plan but no-one gave my
> project consideration. Is there a special route I can pursue to encourage
> bio-fuel in Tenerife. I will look into EEC funding but I do not think I
will
> get much help here either. Any advise?

You could look up IFC, a World bank affiliate, which has REEEF (Renewable
Energy & Energy Efficiency Fund) devoted to encouraging Ren energy projects
under the Global Environment Facility.

http://www2.ifc.org/proserv/apply/application/application.html

You could also approach Rabo Bank International which recently signed an
agreement with the Dutch government to contract 10 million tonne of GHG
emission reductions from sustainable energy projects in developing countries
over a 2-year period. The credits are to be delivered over a 10-year period.
Try for their nearest office at

http://www.rabobank.com/content/offices

Regards
balaji