On the 23th of September you wrote:

Hello all!

Is there anyone out there who has tried running a petrol motor on paraffin?  I
know the timing needs retarding and that performance is terrible, but here in
Africa, the fuel is very, very cheap.

What are the environmental implications of burning the stuff and implications
for engine life?

Phil Rendel
English Department
Kingswood College,
Burton Street,
Grahamstown
<snip>

on the 3d of October,  I among others, responded:

Hello Phil!

If you wish, and Keith allows us to talk in depth about how to arrange
a petrol (gasoline) motor to work smoothly on motor paraffin (kerosene),
I can offer you my experience of 13 years and over 100.000 km with two
of my cars. Both driven by "motorpetroleum" and water"injection" (actually
suctioned by the motor itself, the same way as the fuel).

Max Gasman

4.10.2004 :

Now, are you still interested in some observation I made, or do you want
to describe your "starting point"?
Otherwise I will start to respond to others, who perhaps have a different
"starting point".

What am I  "schoolmastering" ? ;  first come, first served...

Max Gasman