Steve, I would like to hear what you think of the electric chain saw and log
splitter when your evaluation is done.

I have an old 14-inch, 110-volt AC chain saw.  It doesn't get much work, but
I'm
always pleased with it when I do use it.  Not for professional lumberjacks, but
quite adequate for yardwork.

I'm thinking about building a log splitter, probably based on a motor and screw
jack rather than hydraulics, but I have not done enough investigation yet to be
sure which way to go.  Spent about six hours near a gas-powered unit a couple
of
weekends ago - really want to avoid doing that again.

Darryl

Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not Kim, but I though I'd answer some of these questions just to give Kim
> and
> others an idea on our off grid solutions. See below:

Darryl McMahon      http://www.econogics.com/
It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?