http://www.knoton.com

===========================
[Biofuel] Swamp cooler
Kim & Garth Travis gartht at txcyber.com
Thu Oct 21 12:37:26 GMT 2004
Greetings,
Actually we rarely get to 115, but it does happen.  Then I spend my day
spraying the hose on my livestock so they can survive.
Swamp coolers don't work well with high humidity.  What I am doing is to
keep the metal roof cool so heat does not build up and come inside, that
is all.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

At 08:58 PM 10/20/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Kim,
>
>I'm fairly new to the list and have been lurking for a bit. >The
comment
>about the air conditioner was just that at that time they >had almost
>not heard of air conditioners. I realize that Texas is HOT. >I wouldn't
>work at 115F, let alone my computer.
>
>You mentioned you spray water on the roof for cooling. Does >that work
>using evaporation something like a swamp cooler? The best >explanation
>of how a swamp cooler works I have run across is at
>http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/homeandwork/homes/>inside/
>heatandcool/evaporative_coolers.html . There is a chart on >the page
>showing how effective a swamp cooler is under different >temperatures
>and humidity. It may be helpful.
>
>Mickey
>

>>Message: 12
>>Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:11:21 -0500
>>From: Kim & Garth Travis <gartht at txcyber.com>
>>Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Trees and power companies
>>To: biofuel at wwia.org
>>
>>I do have a wood stove for heat in the winter, and yes I >>do know how
>>cook on it.  I am planning on building a wood bread oven >>for outdoor
>>baking
>>in the summer.  Ohio is not Texas, where the temperatures >>can hit
over
>>115F, so AC is necessary, not just a luxury.  I only cool >>my place
>>about
>>80F.  Any warmer and my computer refuses to work.
>>Bright Blessings,
>>Kim

                             [1]Fahrenheit 9/11

                           [2]The Son Also Rises