I live in Phoenix, AZ and I believe I am entitled to
Alternative Fuel plates (tax discount, ride in HOV
lanes, pretty license plate showing my pride in
helping to not kill the environment as quickly as
others)

My previous vehicle's plate before it was stolen:
http://xj.cdevco.net/photos/dodge/cleanair.jpg

The ADEQ (AZ Dept of Air Quality), AZ DOT, AZ DMV, and
every other institution has denied me all of the
benefits because of their ignorance, lack of caring
and lack of knowledge.

Does anyone know what I need to do, where I can go,
etc. to prove that my vehicle can be defined as a
"LEV" Low Emissions Vehicle according to the 40 Code
of Federal Regulations.

The link to that code:
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr;sid=b261f0355084ace4d7a2bb05974897e8;rgn=div5;view=text;node=40%3A19.0.1.1.2;idno=40;cc=ecfr#40:19.0.1.1.2.1.1.4

My truck is considered a "Heavy Light-Duty Truck (9000
GVW)" according to the 40 Code.

Here is Arizona's OFFICIAL requirement:

(e) A combination of at least seventy per cent
alternative fuel and no more than thirty per cent
petroleum based fuel that operates in an engine that
meets the United States environmental protection
agency low emission vehicle standard pursuant to 40
Code of Federal Regulations section 88.104-94 or
88.105-94 and that is certified by the engine
manufacturer to consume at least seventy per cent
alternative fuel during normal vehicle operations.

By choice I run betwene B30-B40, and I doubt that I
need to run B70 to be an official "LEV" (or do I???)
but would be happy to run it, if they would give me
the same benefits they give to people running propane,
etc.  This is a matter of principal more so than
anything else.

For what it's worth, I socially engineered the plate
on my previous vehicle, because for me at the time, it
was not worth the time and effort to try to explain
this to people so mindless and obtuse.  This time I
have an older vehicle so I have no choice.

Sincerely,

=====
Patrick Campbell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]