The hours of operation aren't even close. The
comparison is invalid.

Then there is the question of which bearings you refer
to. Wheel bearings? Totally different application from
 moving the foils.

The applied loads in that machine are very large. That
makes the controls large which means expensive.

The bottom line is mostly cost. I don't think that
machine has anything new to offer in that area. It is
new and novel. So what? Economics determine viability.

Since it uses rigid foils I'm not sure it even has
much advantage in the dead bird problem.

Still not enthused.

Kirk