Hi All

I have just made my first batch of fuel, it worked just great considering
the rough measuring used.
Thanks for all the info.
I have a few questions someone may care to answer though.

On mixing the lye with the methanol a (part) chemical reaction seems take
place.
I assume it is a reaction and not just a solution because heat is produced.
I say part because the amount of lye varies with the oil type not the
methanol quantity, therefore leaving differing amounts of methanol
un-reacted each time.

Will someone un-confuse my thinking on this bit, like what is really
happening here?

Next, when one puts the above concoction into the oil what is actually
happening and in what order? Why is the lye added to the methanol and not
the oil directly?

Thanks
Roy