where do you find one of these units and what do they cost?

John

Legal Eagle wrote:
G'day all;

After having checked about with guys running refridgerated trailer units I am happy to learn that my suspicions were correct. They can keep foddstufs frozen or reduce the ambient temperature or they can also heat to a maximum of 27C, more than plenty for any application I could have hoped for. They are housed in large units but that is for compactedness. there is a battery and alternator, fuel pump ect. so that it is a stand alone unit. Now what remians to be determined is the viability of using something like this, mounted on the exterior wall of a "temporary" building such as a construction trailer, of a smaller dimension than that of a full sixed refridgerated unit and extending it's use to include the charging of a battery bank. This would make the entire thing completely independant as well as be able to fully function in cold weather, The fuel tank (BD) would be indoors and so would not have the problem of needing supplemenal heat to keep it from geling.The ambient tenmp for the processor and water tanks would also be able to be controlled easily using the reafer unit's electronic controls which would now be mounted inside as would be the thermometer activated switch to run the unit on "recycle" or "continuous". Set the desired temp on the touch pad and make sure you have fuel and go away knowing thiings will be nice and toasty or cooled to spec as the situation warrants. Using ducts one could set it up so that it would be a livable situation or at least comfortable to spend the night or two regardless of heat or cold outside. A great option for out of the way shack-type applications IMHO. Anyway, there you have it.Now remains to have a situation that requires putting into practice and seeing if all this theory stands up.
An idea that is put on hold but not thrown out :-)

Luc