Soy nut...Ha!Organic I hope.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phillip Wolfe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:07 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] Keith? Query about WVO refining and Glycerin Purifying

Kieth/Luc/Todd/Kron/Martin/Peggy/Et.al./Professor
Allen and Biofuel Readers:

When I start my homebrew biodiesel refining with that
150 lbs of WVO I've been discussing, I would to
circulate the byproduct crude glycerin into
distillation and purify it to about 90% purity or
better. The reason is that I would like to "recycle"
and send the glyerin to a local natural soap bar
manufacture nearby.   Am I taking this too far?

Here's the thing, why not make the soap yourself ? Save a whole whack of processing of the glycol layer and recover the methanol after which you use a simple recipe to make a high glycerine content fatty acid soap. How you ask? Glad you did :-) I have done this on a very small scale using the accumulated glycerine layers from my test batches ( you guys don't chuck it do you?) and it makes nice soap. I've used it and plan on making a bunch more as soon as my condenser for methanol recovery is finished (should be this weekend) Ok, the link: http://www.distributiondrive.com/Article2.html I tried using straight glycerine but it doesn't foam up much even if it does works well. Once the extra water/lye is added and time aloowed for curing it foams alot more and still works very well. That said, should you want to go through the procedure to seperate the 95% glycerine, look at selling it to those who make hand creams and lotions (more bucks) soaper remove the glycerine from commercial soap and do just that with it. Another avenue is the pharma boys. They can make high end capsules out of it. Orrrr, try the candida forums or homeopathic clinics. Next to pure glycerine is an excellent sweetener suitable for candida sufferes, according to the info at JtF on glycerine.
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_glycerin.html
Tell your kids that you are cleaning up the planet for their use.

Luc

As advised by you folks, I plan to start 1 lb at a
time.
With humble thanks,
Phillip Wolfe

PS - My kids think I'm a nut. I said "Yes, I am soy
nut."