On Feb 1, 2005, at 11:41 AM, Hakan Falk wrote:

To both Mikes,

Before the election, I was inclined to take the argument that Bush did not represent the Americans. ..... Now he was reelected with a comfortable populous and electoral majority and it cannot even be
blamed on the electoral system.

In a democracy, he now represent the US and the citizens of US, his actions got the stamp of approval from the American people. It was no surprises this time, everybody knew what he stands for.

I beg to differ. The corporate-owned media in the U.S. gave a gross distortion of his positions on many issues and what the likely consequences of his policies would be. Only the readers of a few good newspapers in the whole country had access to unbiased reports, and of course, those few who get their news from websites like AlterNet, Common Dreams, The Smirking Chimp, etc.

Anybody who saw only conservative rural newspapers or TV news (even CNN), never knew, and still don't know, what's coming. If you know and care enough to really dig for the truth, you can find it, but many Americans still mistakenly trust their local sources to make sure they
are well-informed. Boy, are they in for a surprise....

-K