From: "Legal Eagle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] U.S., Islam, and Religion

: G'day Derek;
:
: I was married to an American for 10 years, and although we lived in
several
: countries she still could not relate to others except in an "American"
: fashion. And led me to believe that you can remove the American from
America
: but you are going to have a great deal of difficulty removing America from
: the American. And *that* is  a problem.
: As I have said before, Americans are not stupid, quite the contrary, it is
: rarely necessary to explain something, even complex things, more than
once,
: and they "get it", so then what is it ? It is cutural isolation, and a
: reinforced sensation of the "we are the world" mind set.
: America, the country, is a very vast and beautiful place, and I have
: travelled it extensively, and were it not for the starta of politically
: motivated hubris most encounters with the population there would be a
: pleasant experience. However, that said, there still leaves the mountain
of
: intentional blindness about the rest of the world and it's customs,
peoples
: and languages, religions ect.
: In order for that to be overcome the American has to consciously join the
: international community in mind set.We here are a positive step in that
: direction.
: Luc