http://www.solar-electric.com/
Solar panel shortage
There is currently a worldwide panel shortage. With
the combination of very high prices and subsidies in
Europe, increased solar subsidies causing increased
demand in the US, and the shortage of refined Silicon,
there simply is not enough production to supply both
markets. Manufacturers can sell them for more in
Europe, so guess where they send most of them? Our
availability changes almost daily, and some panels
have 3 to 9 month lead times. We have been getting
enough to barely keep up, but we do not have nor can
we get any extras.

Over the past few month there has been a 10 to 15%
increase in the cost of solar panels. We expect this
situation to continue at least until the end of 2005,
maybe longer. With the new higher prices we expect
demand to slow down some, but not a lot.

<http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/diesel/diesel.htm>
> , allowing
> all of the irritating
> engines.  That means