I am no expert on this subject. But from my experiences (however few they may
be) I have had better luck with my water strait out of the well than with my
softened water. Although I have never had an emulsion formation due to softened
water; I have read that salt can help prevent emulsion but can hinder soap
formation. The soap can then clog your fuel filters and cause other problems.

This serves as a slight problem for me because I like to add hot water to the
wash and my hot water is softened. Aside from hooking up another hot water
heater pre-softener I guess for now I will just make sure my fuel is warm
before it goes into the wash.

    Jeremy