Hakan Falk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and others wrote:

> Dear Henri and Rick,
>
> I only like to put this "we took out Hitler" to rest. That the Americans
> single handed took out Hitler, is a myth that only exists in Hollywood movies.

Actually, my understanding of the history is that Hitler committed suicide.  So
he
took himself out, nobody else.  The Nazi military was forced into surrender by
the
"Allies" of WWII, of which the Americans made up a relatively small faction,
essentially missing the first the first 4-5 years of the war.  Admittedly, they
had
their hands full in the Pacific theatre come 1942, years after the Japanese had
captured Hong Kong and invaded China.

> The crucial material support from US in WWII was the deliveries of war
> material. The US infantry troop participation in Europe was on a low level
> and not crucial. By only look at the loss of soldiers, you understand
> clearly who was doing the major fighting.

The U.S. was playing both sides on the materials front.  The Roosevelt
government
was definitely supporting Britain (and her colonies), but U.S. companies were
happily trading with the Nazis.  IBM provided logistical support for the labour
and
death camps (the tattoos on the inmates were essentially inventory control
numbers
used in the IBM machines at the camps).  GM and Ford provided the bulk of the
trucks used by the mechanized German infantry.  The list goes on (e.g Standard
Oil,
Dupont, Chrysler, Kodak ...)

> Russia              6,000,000 troop causalities
> Europe Alliance    600,000
> USA                      60,000
>
> Germany was very advanced and introduced for the first time the modern
> warfare and materials, with a massive air support. They tested much of it
> in the Spanish civil war.

There was a lot of support for Fascism in the U.S. during WWII, though it
became
less strident and publicly visible after the attack on Pearl Harbor.  Standard
U.S.
revisionist history glosses over that now.  Leading up to WWII, the U.S.
government
typically treated the Russian "Bosheviks" as the "bad guys".

> US took out Japan, not on the ground, but with Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This
> at a time when the European part of WWII was at its end.
>
> I do agree that the US propaganda methods was/is superior. Something that
> Hitler and his administration several times acknowledged and copied. This
> superiority is maintained even today.
>
> Hakan
>

> At 05:13 PM 4/2/2005, you wrote:
> >Dear Henri,
> >
> >We took out Hitler because Germany declared war on us after Japan attacked
> >us at Pearl Harbor.  Sadam did not declare war on us and presented no
> >immediate threat.  In the long run he was a danger to US and European oil
> >interests in that he was determined to get control of the Arabian
> >peninsula and Iran thus controlling the majority of the oil on the planet
> >as far as has been proven.  From such a position he could have bled us
> >white.  Beyond unlimited avarice he appears to have had no ideology.  In
> >this respect he resembled some of the current administrations most
> >influential backers.  That he was a real threat was demonstrated by his
> >invasions of Kuwait and Iran though he was sufficiently contained by
> >international pressure that any risk was potential rather than actual and
> >manageable without going to war.
> >There is no question that he was a dirt ball but there are much worse that
> >we do nothing about and some of them are our allies.   What we lost
> >attacking Iraq so far exceeds what we have gained and if the Shiite party
> >that won the election establishes a radical theocracy like Iran we will
> >find ourselves in a far worse position than we were with Sadam.
> >
> >Rick
> >
> >Henri Naths wrote:
> >

> >>Hakan,
> >>I would like to give a humble option here,
> >>( Hakan wrote;...Criminal, established by the fact that we now know
> >>that Iraq were no WMD threat to US. )
> >>We took out Hitler for the same reason, Him and Suddam Hussein were
> >>weapons of mass destruction.
> >>H.

So the real similarity between Hussein and Hitler in the U.S. was that they
were
good clients for U.S. industry.  The U.S. didn't take out either Hitler (see
above)
or Hussein (he's still alive, and something of a political problem for the U.S.
now
- can't try him, can't kill him).

The U.S. military actions were effectively an afterthought in both cases.
Hussein
was a useful U.S. ally when Iran was considered a bigger problem.  Hitler was
an OK
guy when the Bolshies were the bigger problem.

Clearly, "taking out Saddam" had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction
(the U.N. inspectors had all but proven he had none before the U.S. found the
courage to invade), or 9/11 (the plans were in play in the U.S. Administration
*before* the planes hit the towers).  It was not about getting the oil, as it
was
available for sale on the world market prior to the invasion.  It wasn't about
Iraq
as a military threat in the region - the U.S. and U.K. were flying military and
surveillance over the country *daily* prior to the invasion.  It wasn't about
Al-
Qaeda - they despised Saddam.  Hussein did not attack or threaten the U.S.

So, Henri, in your opinion, why had the Bush White House really decided to
invade
Iraq - prior to 9/11?

--
Darryl McMahon      http://www.econogics.com/
It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?